Monday, February 11, 2019

Confessions of a Motorcycle GPS User: Why I will Never Let Go of My Old Garmin 76c

I must confess, I’m an avid website surfer and alltypessofcars is the top site that quenches my thirst for those news regarding motorcycle GPS. But the basic thing is, I’m not yet ready to throw away my old Garmin 76c for these new Garmin products, such as the highly-touted Garmin Zumo series, the TomTom navigator or even the BMW navigator. Why? Well, aside from having its sentimental value, my four-year old Garmin 76c has some features which are still at par with today’s branded motorcycle GPS heavyweights.

Confessions of a Motorcycle GPS User




It’s 100% water-proof and ruggedly handsome! It simply takes me off the handle of my bike because of its slender and easy-to-hold body with ease in pushing its buttons. While these new motorcycle GPS systems have longer battery life, my old Garmin 76c still has those predated but very much replaceable batteries which prove to be more cost-effective than other brands and categories with the same capacity. And for good measure, my 76c has 10 hours tops after recharging. This beats those 2-hour a day GPS systems worth a couple of hundred dollars.

The back-up compass and other basic accessories or options associated with motorcycle travel or by foot are present and always ready for those emergency road situations.

What’s more, my Garmin 76c has some marine applications I can use if I or my motorcycle is anywhere near a marina or even in transit on an inter-island barge.

The Garmin MapSource Software is supported where I’m based and that’s why I have no problem when it comes to accessibility and availability online.

The handiness of my Garmin 76c is one reason why I would not even dream of trading this old navigator with one of those new products reviewed by the Best Motorcycle GPS Reviews website.


Garmin 76c
Plus with my bike, I don’t feel the need to upgrade my own GPS system. It’s a kind of a package deal and both are still very reliable and durable. While my 76c only offers a 1.6 by 2.2 inch screen (a far cry from 5” or 7” screens), it is still very visible on the road with the helmet on and that goes for night-time as well as day-time. There are also options or additional features such as 3-D viewing and even a 2-D view for panning sequence.

While the 76c doesn’t have those fancy voice settings, the beeps are still very audible and clear, while its text warnings are also very effective in alarming the rider.

Once, while surfing the Best Motorcycle GPS Reviews website, I was tempted to take into consideration that maybe it’s time to replace my old Garmin 76c for a Garmin Zumo. But the old saying keep popping into my head, “If it ain’t broke, why fix it?”

My wife, however, has her eyes set on the Garmin Nuvi 3760. Well, I tried to tell about the pros and cons I’ve seen online about the 3760 and even told her about some customer feedbacks. At the end of the day, she made her choice of buying the 3760. While I stood by her, I’m very happy with my old and dependable Garmin 76c.
Previous Post
Next Post

post written by:

0 komentar: